For a variety of reasons, it is often helpful or essential to have a Health Advocate. These providers can act as neutral parties to help navigate the landscape of healthcare, health crisis and chronic illness. Care and goals need to stay on track. Communication needs facilitated. Education needs provided. Resources are needed. Advocates can help fill this role to minimize the burden and confusion on patients and their families with compassion and understanding.
- Translation of diagnoses, procedures, treatments plans
- Assistance preparing, organizing and arranging for upcoming appointments
- Accompaniment to appointments
- Surgical or hospital companionship/bedside advocacy and support
- Liaison with your healthcare team
- Coordination of care
- Attend care team conferences